Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE is not letting me access any of my e-mail

• Please log in to reply

Biggs

Biggs

• Pip
  • 6 posts
hello again,

this time my problem has to do with Internet Explorer not allowing me to load any of my outside e-mail or messaging services such as hotmail and yahoo....i can log into MSN messenger but that's about it...i have no access period to yahoo, and when i type in the hotmail homepage or even try to link to it from the MSN homepage no luck just a white screen. Also, occasionally getting a 'script error'...can anyone help...is this common???

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
If these are HTTPS sites, possibly this will help :

With the Internet Explorer Pop-up blocker (in Windows XP Service Pack 2), you can configure such that pop-ups are always allowed for HTTPS sites such as banking, and other secure sites (example, PayPal).

Click Start, Run and type REGEDIT. Navigate to this key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Internet Explorer \ New Windows

In the right-pane, double-click the value AllowHTTPS and change it's value to 1 (if it does not exist, create a new value of type REG_DWORD)

Close Registry Editor and restart Windows.
Additional Information

Default values for AllowHTTPS in various Pop-up blocker configurations:

Low - True
Medium - False
High - False

Ron