Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Mouse freezes/jerks when reading/writing CD/DVD

• Please log in to reply

tomdrayson

tomdrayson

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Hello there. I have just upgraded my graphics card, but now, whenever either of my 2 DVD drives are reading or writing a disk, the mouse jerks very badly, and freezes completely when writing lead-ins. I have an Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 and 2GB PC6400 DDR2 RAM. If I move the mouse (physically) during a lead in, on the screen it will stay put, but then as soon as the lead-in has finished, the mouse instantly appears where it should have moved to, not where it was originally.

This did not used to happen with my previous card, and if I replace my old card, and reinstall the drivers, there are no problems with the mouse.

My old card was a Radeon AIW X600 Pro, and my new one, a GeForce 7600 GT. I also think that performance in games has decreased slightly, particularly Pro Evolution Soccer, where it is definitely not as smooth. This can't be right surely?
The drivers for the card are the latest ones available (from nVidia), and installed correctly. Am I doing something wrong here?

I have also posted this problem in the Windows forum:
http://www.geekstogo...a...=5&t=139334

Many thanks

Edited by tomdrayson, 26 November 2006 - 06:48 AM.

Advertisements