Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Emachine model w3050 dvd drive no longer works

• Please log in to reply

twoonia

twoonia

• Pip
  • 3 posts
it only opens and closes, so i know all is not lost " hopefully"

there are no error message in the device manager. system & device stats say everything is in working order. i even did a full destructive restore on this thing, then after that,
i deleted the dvdw driver from my pc and restarted my system, & still nothing to indicate that there is a problem with it.
even after i went into the registry editor and removed the upper filters, shut my system down and restarted it once again, and still nothing. i have reason to belive that my drive is still in working order, becasue it opens and closes. when ever i put a dvd to play back in to the drive it says "no disk in drive e" the same thing when i try to play a cd or even burn one. i do know that my dvdw drive is a
TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552B
i even tried to update the firmware for this drive, the download and installation was a sucess, but it did not change anything, i do know that this is a e-machine model W3050 And Basically It's A cheap Gateway Computer, and it worked fine, but now all i know is i'll never purchase another emachine brand ever again.
however, the curiosity in me still wants to know why the drive is no longer work
:whistling:

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
If you go looking on the net you will find theres a lot of people that have problems with that drive. ClubCD freaks has extended information on it.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/

Personally i would not give it another change and would buy a NEC 18X dvd burner for $30 and be done with it.

SRX660