Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Excel VBA Problem

• Please log in to reply

witek.t

witek.t

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This is for my school project. I was given a worksheet with some inventory info. What I have to do is create a user-interface in another sheet, that will summarize that inventory data. I have created a list box with the names of all the vendors from the inventory sheet, and now I have to get it to work. A user after clicking a vendor's name (in the listbox) should see the total cost of its products, total quantity and average cost displayed next to the list box... and I have no clue how to write that in VBA code.
I have come up with a little plan:
- I need a "for" loop that will search through every row in the inventory sheet
- it somehow has to compare the selected name to the Name column in the Inv. sheet
- it also has to select the cost and quantity of the vendor
- then I need to sum up these values to get my totals
- I also need a variable that will count the number of selected rows (to get the average cost)

Can anyone help me out? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Advertisements