Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Weird Graphics Glitch

• Please log in to reply

Thexgene14

Thexgene14

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
Here are some pictures of what is going on

Posted Image
In Game, Screen Flashes...

Posted Image
In Azureus, the "3D View" does the same thing

I'm running XP service pack 2
Nvidia Geforce 6600 GT (drivers updated)
AMD Atholon 3200+
1 GB DDR

I need some help with this one...don't know what could be causing it...

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. I take it that the issue just started? Have you made any changes to your system recently?

Thexgene14

Thexgene14

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Yea, I was running windows Vista but I just didn't like its bugs...and I thought this glitch was from windows VIsta...so I just reformatted and changed it back to XP...and its still doing it...probably should've mentioned that in my first post...

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
I see. Have you tried updating your video card drivers?

Thexgene14

Thexgene14

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Yes they are fully updated...

Thexgene14

Thexgene14

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
*bumb*

Need help, I am running out of things I can try...

Thexgene14

Thexgene14

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
*bump*

PLEASE HELP! :whistling:

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Please pardon the delay, we are researching your issue.

Thexgene14

Thexgene14

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Thank you...I wasn't meaning to whine...lol

I might as well tell you some of the things I've tried...

I have reinstalled my operating system (keep in mind I have a seperate partition for all my "files" videos, pictures, music, ect....) So if there are anything on there that could some how me messing it up...doubt it though

I have updated all my video drivers (even tried beta drivers and older drivers) (the beta drivers changed the "flash" from dark to some pink...weird....) and even updated my BIOS (yea I was running out of things to try)

I don't believe I have any programs that could be messing it up installed (spyware doctor, nod 32, zone alarms, msn messanger, Free download manager, firefox, azerues, limewire...those are the ones i'm running a lot.)

I tried cleaning out some of the dust in my computer, but didn't really do a good job cuase I didn't want to actually touch anything...

Thats about it...

Don't know if my video card is just blown though...

Oh one more thing, this morning I was messing around with it again and I tried starting "Marvel Ultimate Alliance" and it was doing the same thing, but when I went into settings and changed the option for "advanced lighting" to "on" it "fixed" it...the mouse and all the words were still flashing but the main graphics (where I guess the "advanced lighting" was applied to) was clear...this doesn't help becuase my video card runs "advanced lighting" kinda sketchy and it doesn't fix it for other games, but I thought I should let you know since this may help solve the problem....

Hope we can solve this...thanx....

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Ok, sorry for the wait. Here's what I want you to do...

(1) Do you know if your chipset drivers are up-to-date?

(2) I want you to download Speedfan (The download link is in the first line of the second paragraph), and install it. Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows. The information I want you to post is the stuff that is circled in the example picture I have attached.

Posted Image

Advertisements

Thexgene14

Thexgene14

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Posted Image

So, I noticed the "flame"

does that mean its running to hot?

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
You're burning up man! I need some info from you.

Besides the fan over the Processor, how many fans do you have? There must be at least one blowing air out, right?

I want you to try something... Right click on the desktop and select PROPERTIES. Then click on the SETTINGS tab and then click the ADVANCED button. In the new window that appears, there should be a tab with the name of your card. I want you to click that, and then in the menu that will appear on the left side, click on the item pertaining to temperature. I can't really tell you exactly where that is, because we're on different versions. We are doing this just to be certain that the 70 degrees is or isn't his video card temperature. If it's not the video card temperature, then it most likely is the CPU temperature.

Thexgene14

Thexgene14

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
I think I have like 3 fans...1 is unplugged sometimes becuase it glows blue and annoys me...guess I should keep that on more often...

I see a fan directly on the video card as well...

Posted Image

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Ok friend, I ran the results by some other gurus, and we're thinking that it's time you replaced your PSU, short for Power Supply Unit. Do you know how much voltage your has now? I think we need to upgrade.

Thexgene14

Thexgene14

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
I don't know...Just a standard supply...How much is a new one going to be? And what should I get?