Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Internet Explorer 7 very slow

• Please log in to reply

Morpheus

Morpheus

• PipPip
  • 96 posts
i have internet explorer 7 and its VERY slow, and then when i downloaded firefox 2 everything went back to being fast like it was when i had ie6.

does anyone know why ie7 is actin up for me?

Advertisements

Matt T

Matt T

• PipPipPip
  • 674 posts
Is there anything particular in IE7 that is slow?

~Matt :whistling:

Morpheus

Morpheus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
Yes, everything loads VERY slow.. my internet connection speed is perfectly fine, its just everythin loads slowly on IE7

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
MS products, especially IEx7 and its ilk are slow to load...they are dragging along a ton of anti-malware security codes...stay with Firefox, or my favourite, Netscape [which was used for Firefox]...which opts to both Firefox or IEx when necessary...but rarely...

Morpheus

Morpheus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
yea im usin firefox right now until i can figure out whats wrong with my ie7 and why its lagging like it didnt use to

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Check the usual culprits...too many anti-malware progs, firewalls, etc.. Oh, and cookies...sometimes a page won't load until cookies are o.k.-ed...but that is a matter between you and your maker :whistling:

zbd

zbd

• PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
Try these suggestions. Especially the intermediate ones. They really help. http://computercleanup.blogspot.com/

kuch

kuch

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have XP and upgraded to IE7 yesterday...now I keep getting an error that my program is not responding and has to shut down. This has happened every time after a few minutes of being online. Any suggestions for a fix or do I uninstall 7?

kuch