Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RegScrubXP wipes out my computers register

• Please log in to reply

jerry1967

jerry1967

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
I ran RegScrub XP and it wiped out my whole register.I then reloaded Xp again and everything was fine, so i ran RegScrub XP again and my register was wiped out again. I reloaded XP again and everthing is fine now but i am afraid to to run the RegScrub XP. What would cause this problem?

I kept getting the message that WINDOWS CAN NOT OPEN THIS PROGRAM.

Advertisements

Flrman1

Flrman1

Malware Assassin

• Retired Staff
  • 6,596 posts
I have moved your topic from the malware forum to the applications forum.

Not trying to sound rude or anything here, but I'd say the simple answer here is to stop using RegScrub XP.

Any registry cleaners you use have the potential to cause serious damage and should never be used by a novice. Also you should always backup the registry before you use a registry cleaner or make any major changes to the registry.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Flrman1 stated it very well as to what you should and should not do. The only "cleaners" we recomend is Tuneup and ccleaner.