Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

FIREFOX problems after update

• Please log in to reply

not_again3x

not_again3x

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
I always use Firefox as my web browser. A week or two ago, it made an automatic update and told me to restart that browser for the changes to take effect. I did, and it doesnt work now. I just get the "Server Not Found" error. Hopefully its just a simple fix, but I cant figure it out. Please help and thanks in advance

Advertisements

Jrenter2

Jrenter2

• PipPipPip
  • 435 posts
Hi not_again3x,

There has been some talk going around about this problem.

The problem may be with IPv6 ("Internet Protocol version 6"). You may want to try this:

To disable IPv6, change the preference network.dns.disableIPv6 from "false" to "true" .

Here are the steps:

Type about:config in the address bar, press Enter.
Find network.dns.disableIPv6 in the list.
Right-click -> Toggle.
Restart Firefox/Mozilla Suite and try again.

If this doesn't work, re-enable IPv6 by resetting the preference to "false".

Let us know if this works for you. :whistling:

not_again3x

not_again3x

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
no, that doesnt fix it....i have been using IE since, but want to get back on FF