Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

browser and setup help?

• Please log in to reply

peterbug

peterbug

• Pip
  • 3 posts
ok first things first....

my firefox started playing up 5 days ago it told me it couldn't connect to the server, but after a couple refreshes would open the requested page. The next day firefox would no longer open. I ran a McAfee viruse scan which picked up a few spyware programs etc but it didn't sort out my firefox. I then started using internet explorer which was all good. the next day internet explorer started telling me that it wasn't connecting to the server. I ran another scan which again did nothing to fix this problem. The next day I decided to get rid of McAfee incase it was that which was interfereing with my browsers. I removed McAfee and installed Avast. I then ran a scan on boot which picked up alot of malware but still did nothing to solve my problem. the next day I decided I had to use a system restore and duely restored my computer to two weeks eariler. I then tried opening my firefox... which still refused to open at all other than displaying itself in the task manager shows no sign of running what so ever. today my computer wont even allow me to carry out another system restore and explorer is detrirating to the point where it is allmost unussable its taken ages to get this post up. even when explorer does open web pages it refuses to show any java scrpt making moving around kinda hard on some sites. I've ran outa ideas and dunno what else to do... I have no idea if something has been downloaded to my computer that could have infected it with something because I was away at a friends for the weekend and my little brother was on my computer all the time I was away and refuses to tell me if he has downloaded anything.

nmap will site connect to the internet fine.

my computer seems to be getting slower as well.

does anyone know what could be wrong with my computer?

also I cant use a system restore. it wont open the program even in safe and through dos.

I'm pretty sure it isn't malware now....

Advertisements