Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Recieving alot of Application Errors

• Please log in to reply

bronson2006

bronson2006

• Pip
  • 2 posts
my initial problem was that after using dell system restore my PC decided to tell me i had bad sectors in my hard drive, i was instructed by all people i asked, to buy a new hard drive. i did this and installed all the drivers & I'm still having problems. when trying to install programs on restart the screen goes blue and tells me dump of physical memory i've had to safe mode & use last known working settings a few time now, when it finally comes on it doesn't allow me to install hardly anything without giving me a problem, most recently apple's quicktime & itunes. i get the error message "HRESULT-1073741819" as i type this for some unknown reason an error box has popped up (msiexec.exe-application error The instructions at "0x745e33e8" the memory could not be "written" click on OK to terminate the program) i used the hijack now softyware as a forum advised me to on this site but do not know what to do with the information i have received hopefully somebody can make sense of it and tell me what to do now?

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 8:19:42 PM, on 11/26/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Modem Event Monitor\IntelMEM.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\BroadJump\Client Foundation\CFD.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\OwnerOfTheDell5000PC\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.ntlworld.com
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelMeM] C:\Program Files\Intel\Modem Event Monitor\IntelMEM.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BJCFD] C:\Program Files\BroadJump\Client Foundation\CFD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [workflow] D:\installs\workflow.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.micros...b?1164569352734
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe

Attached Files

Advertisements

bronson2006

bronson2006

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
http://oca.microsoft...?...7666&SID=10
this is the page microsoft gave me when i sent the error report..

as i finished typing the screen went blue yet again,

Technical Info: ***Stop 0x00000024
0x001902FE
0xF7CA0AB4
0xF7CA07B0
0xF76E4831

***Ntfs.sys - Address F76E4831
Base at F76E40000

Datestamp 41107eea
DVMP

this is the page microsoft gave me when i sent the error report.. also this screen came up (click the download link)

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
NvCplDaemon is part of the nvidea card drivers and has been known to cause errors. You can try running in safe mode which won't invoke the full set of drivers and see how it goes. If it works well then drivers may indeed be your problem. You may be able to uninstall your current video drivers and install a smaller set specifically for your card. Other drivers may be involved but the video card uses the most memory and is most likely to overwrite other data.