Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do 2 users share 1 application?

• Please log in to reply

twosticks

twosticks

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I can't figure this out: I've downloaded programs -Zone Alarm Security Suite, A2 AntiMalware & CounterSpy- which work just fine on my desktop/log-in. But when I log out and my wife logs in on her desktop, ZA and A2 act like it hasn't loaded on the PC before and it happens each time she logs in. She has to click through ZA and log-in with A2. Counterspy and WinPatrol Explorer don't even load when she logs in.

How to I configure these programs so they act like they've been here before after I log out and wife logs in?

Thanks for your help

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
is your wife loggin in with administrator rights? When you installed the software did it give you an option for "all users or loggeg on user"?

twosticks

twosticks

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
She logs on in a limited account. When I installed the software none of the programs I mentioned gave an option for one user or several.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
ok, the issue is that she is using the limited account. The software is working in the background, but the profile doesn't allow for her to interact with any of the settings.

twosticks

twosticks

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I'm not sure that's the reason -her limited account. I changed her to administrator and Zone Alarm still did its song and dance, showing her how to use ZA, as if it had never been used, then again displaying a window warning that ZA anti-virus is off and do you want to turn it on?

The other program A2 came up too, as in never used. I re-downloaded and re-installed it on her desktop settings so that should be taken care up.

But why is ZA still acting as if it is brand new?

I'll have to check it out to see if the other programs have loaded and are running in the background.