Posted 27 November 2006 - 02:48 PM
Posted 28 November 2006 - 10:48 PM
Posted 29 November 2006 - 03:07 AM
BACK UP THE REGISTRY FIRST.
1. Try this...Go to the Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs > Add or Remove Windows Components
We want to remove all installed components...those that are already ticked off, leave alone...and go through the process Hit "Next" etc.
Repeat the process...but this time tick off everything...we want to reinstall everything whether needed or not...
Only if you are confident of what you are doing, try the following...
2. Then try this...can you boot with the original CD in the CD bay? Basically, what we want to do is to reinstall Windows, but not on a separate partition, or uninstall the old copy...just reinstall it over the old copy...without deleting anything. This may put things back in order...
3. If that does not work...follow the same process, but this time when it asks for the options you want...tick none off...you are going to wait and do that later from the Add/Remove progs in the Control Panel...that will kill the IP stuff, or at least knock it out of the mix...
Forget about the net until you get the nest ready for the eggs
4. have you tried the MS boot disks program...you will need 6 floppies...download the exe file and set the floppies up...it will sort things out to a booted Explorer where you can do the above, if it was not possible before
5. Along the way, you may find an opportunity to get into the Administrator's mode off the F8 key...there you may be able to delete the files you tried to delete before...as long as they are not needed for system work...
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users