Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Very laggy comp while gaming

• Please log in to reply

mike k

mike k

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi. I don't know where to start, but whenever i play games the computer gets very laggy. I have changed video cards and no difference. I made sure i removed and used a driver cleaner and installed newest vid driver's, so I don't think it is the prob, because the same thing with 2 totally different cards. It just seems if something gets the slightest bit more intense the comp slows way down....my frame rates drop to 10-12...then after a few minutes it picks back up...only to do the same in a minute or so
I am running 2 gigs of memory and an intel m/b, radeon 6500 ( was using x1600 turbo) the games are not new and my lesser computers handle them with no problem at all. Any ideas where i should start looking?...thx....p.s i did even upgrade the m/b bios with the newest...no change

Advertisements

bobletman

bobletman

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Are you running any programs in the background while playing your games. Another problem is that all your settings for your games are set to extra high and your computer might be struggleing to handle it.

mike k

mike k

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
No...I am running nothing in the background....and like i said my old 1ghz 512 ram cpu handle these two games with no problem....

bobletman

bobletman

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Hmm did this start happening recently or from the begining

mike k

mike k

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
It has been like this from the beginning.

bobletman

bobletman

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
If this has been happening from the beginning then I dont think its because there is a lot of junk on your computer. But this may help its a nice little program the will save you a lot of space and get rid of unneeded files. It is called aft cleaner here is a link to it http://tceblogs.tamu...aftcleaner.html

Another thing that might be happening is that you may have a slow harddive but i dont think that is the issue. Other then that I dont think I can help much more you should ask an admin if your still having problems