Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Shrink Application window

• Please log in to reply

ddiddy40

ddiddy40

SPAMMER

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Ok I'm tweaking and repairing one of my customers computers, because a sleazy computer repair man who knows nothing did a whack job on it. So I had to install somethings he had removed including a Bellsouth internet services dialer. Now the dialer works fine, but when I start it for the first time I have to hit accept on the software agreement. But the window is to big for me to go to the bottom and click "accept" Now I tried by putting the arrow on the border of the window and shrinking it a little, but it didn't work. Is there any way to make it smaller or a program to make it smaller.

Cheers!

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,173 posts
If you right click the window in the top left hand corner (above file)
you should get an option to change size.
Are any other programs like this ? you may have to chnge screen size

ddiddy40

ddiddy40

SPAMMER

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
There is no "file" option, just an "exit" option. I've already tried resizing it that way. I tried to go in control panel, put I can't change screensize either. The drivers for the graphic card are Standard VGA drivers provided with Windows 98 SE. That's why I thought there might be a program to resize the application window.

tanda

tanda

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
Have you tried hitting "ENTER", sometimes when you fill things in,the accept is highlighted, and you just need to hit enter.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Sounds like you need to install the drivers for your video card. Have you looked in Device Manager to see if there are any yellow ! or ? displayed next to any devices?

ddiddy40

ddiddy40

SPAMMER

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
In device manager it shows up good because it does have drivers installed. The problem is maybe because they're not manufacturer drivers, they're standard Windows 98 SE drives..... Would installing the manufacture drivers help maybe??