Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Alcan worm

• Please log in to reply

Schuyler

Schuyler

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Okay, I just did the BFU and Alcra Plus remover. Here is the log that I was given through hijack this. Thanks for your help.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 9:46:53 PM, on 11/26/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WISPTIS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\tabbtnu.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\taskmgr.exe
C:\BFU\BFU.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://aimhome.netsc...com/aimhome.adp
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.averatec.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.averatec.com/
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Apoint] C:\Program Files\Apoint2K\Apoint.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Realtime Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\CA\ETRUST~1\realmon.exe -s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EPSON Stylus CX6600 Series] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_FATI9EA.EXE /P26 "EPSON Stylus CX6600 Series" /O6 "USB001" /M "Stylus CX6600"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Logitech Utility] Logi_MwX.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Chronos] C:\Program Files\Chronos\Chronos.exe s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AIMWDInstallFilename] C:\PROGRA~1\AIM\AIMWDI~1.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [InoTask] C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Antivirus\InoTask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [InoRT] C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Antivirus\InoRT9X.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [InoRPC] C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Antivirus\InoRPC.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\PROGRA~1\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe (file missing)
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.averatec.com/
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://v5.windowsupd...b?1093027197912
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.micros...b?1145151039436
O20 - Winlogon Notify: loginkey - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Ink\loginkey.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: TabBtnWL - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\TabBtnWL.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: tpgwlnotify - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\tpgwlnot.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: winjjq32 - winjjq32.dll (file missing)
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: eTrust Antivirus RPC Server (InoRpc) - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Antivirus\InoRpc.exe
O23 - Service: eTrust Antivirus Realtime Server (InoRT) - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Antivirus\InoRT.exe
O23 - Service: eTrust Antivirus Job Server (InoTask) - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Antivirus\InoTask.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Macromedia Licensing Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macromedia Shared\Service\Macromedia Licensing.exe
O23 - Service: UStorage Server Service - OTi - C:\WINDOWS\system32\UStorSrv.exe

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
Hey there Schuyler, welcome to Geeks To Go Forums.

I am re-viewing your log and will get back to you.

I am a trainee and every reply I post through to you is moderated by my teacher... This is to assure nothing goes wrong on your side. So please be patient, if I take a bit of time don't think I forgot you. He he

Cool :whistling:

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
Hey again Schuyler.

Been through your log and it seems that your it is clean, that script you ran repaired the problem.

Is there any other problems that are occuring that you need me to help you with?

And here are some tips, to reduce the potential for spyware infection in the future, I strongly recommend installing the following applications:

Detect and Remove Programs:
  • How to use Ad-Aware to remove Spyware <= If you suspect that you have spyware installed on your computer, here are instructions on how to download, install and then use Ad-Aware.
  • How to use Spybot to remove Spyware <= If you suspect that you have spyware installed on your computer, here are instructions on how to download, install and then use Spybot. Similar to Ad-Aware, I strongly recommend both to catch most spyware.
Prevention Programs:
  • Spywareblaster <= SpywareBlaster will prevent spyware from being installed.
  • Spywareguard <= SpywareGuard offers realtime protection from spyware installation attempts.
  • IE/Spyad <= IE/Spyad places over 4000 websites and domains in the IE Restricted list which will severely impair attempts to infect your system. It basically prevents any downloads (Cookies etc) from the sites listed, although you will still be able to connect to the sites.
  • MVPS Hosts file <= The MVPS Hosts file replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well know ad sites etc. Basically, this prevents your coputer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer
  • Google Toolbar <= Get the free google toolbar to help stop pop up windows.
Other necessary Programs:
  • AntiVirus Program<= An AntiVirus program is a must! Whether it is a free version like AVG or Anti-Vir, or a shareware version like Norton or Kapersky, this is a must have.
  • Firewall<= A firewall is definatley a must have. Two good free versions are Kerio and ZoneLabs.
  • More Secure Browser<= Internet Explorer is not the most secure and best browser. There are safer and better alternatives available. I recommend Firefox, however Opera and SlimBrowsers are good as well.
And also see TonyKlein's good advice
So how did I get infected in the first place?

Cool :whistling:

Schuyler

Schuyler

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks a lot. I'm glad I didn't have to spend too much time fixing this problem. My classes are starting to get hectic and I rely on my computer for alot of stuff.

Another thing I would mention is:

When my computer would not respond to "ctrl+alt+del", and it kept opening limewire, my laptop's fan would be going full blast. I've had problems with this fan a lot in the past, actually, and the computer overheats and shuts off a lot because it gets hot. But do you know any reason why it would do this with the malware?

Does it just take up a bunch of resources and overload my computer?

Anyway, thanks.

-Elliott

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
Schuyler,

Thanks a lot. I'm glad I didn't have to spend too much time fixing this problem. My classes are starting to get hectic and I rely on my computer for alot of stuff.

I know what you mean. lol

When my computer would not respond to "ctrl+alt+del", and it kept opening limewire, my laptop's fan would be going full blast. I've had problems with this fan a lot in the past, actually, and the computer overheats and shuts off a lot because it gets hot. But do you know any reason why it would do this with the malware?

Does it just take up a bunch of resources and overload my computer?

You are correct, malware takes alot of system resources and can slow down your PC to the point of freezing. Are you still having problems with your fans and overheating. If so then you should take a look at starting a thread in the hardware forum, since your log is clean and it would not be a malware problem. You will get much better advice in there...

I wish I could help more, cool :whistling: