Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Message Froum?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hi Guys

I asked on here ages ago for help with creating my own message forum on my site. I received lots of help (thankyou!). I stressed the point that I don't have an idea what i'm doing. I have created my site using dreamweaver, and that's as much as I know. I was recommended to try phpbb, which I liked but I can't install it.

Someone offered to install the forum for me free of charge, so I jumped at the opportunity, but it's been 6 weeks and it's currently being hosted on their site (temporarily) as they can't install it on my site. I have upgraded my hosting to enable php (?) but weeks are passing by and i'm getting nowhere.

I would love to have my own forum, which is easy to use (no need to register, but can have the option) plenty of seperate message boards for discussion of different topics. and must be easy peasy to install.

Any ideas? btw, did I mention that I have no money!!!!! :whistling:

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
You already started a thread about this. Use that one.