Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nero 7?

• Please log in to reply

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
Im trying to burn a disk so i can boot from it and update my BIOS and everytime i try it comes up wrong file system. How can I fix this or is there another program that can burn a bootable CD so i can update my BIOS?

Thanks,

Kurt

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
if you can't update via floppy, this is the recommended method as provided by DFI

If users do not have floppy drive in their computer system, there is an alternative option we provide here. The “Winflash” program allows users to update BIOS on the platform of Windows operating systems. Users only need to download the Winflash program files and the needed BIOS update flash named xxxxxx.bin, save them in any storage device windows system have access with. Run Winflash Ver. 1.84 software and follow the instruction guide to update BIOS.

rumble291

rumble291

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
Its not for my main computer its for a ASRock K7S8X R3.0. I accidentally installed the wrong BIOS a while ago it works ok but the mouse, USB, Floppy dont work properly. Can I use WinFlash for this?

Thanks,

Kurt

Edited by rumble291, 28 November 2006 - 12:12 PM.