I am using the XP file & settings transfer wizard to copy folders, settings, files from my old Win98 Dell to a new XP machine over my home network. Everything seemed to work fine(no error msgs), until I noticed that all the .exe files were missing from the copied folders on the new machine. Thinking that the firewall or virus protection might be blocking them, I turned them off but got the same result. So, I tried using the floppy drive option in the wizard to transfer a few exe files. When it completed (again no error msg), I checked the floppy and found no exe files.
I then tried using the /v 7 option with the transfer command on the old machine as suggested in an MS article to produce a more detailed log. I delete the log before each rerun, but it seems that the same data keeps appearing in the log with files being listed that I'm not trying to transfer.
I haven't been able to find any other descriptions of this problem... hope someone can help.