Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphic Design Resource Links

• Please log in to reply

pyron81

pyron81

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
For both beginner and old designer I recommend Non-designers Design book. She teaches people not only the basics of good design but how it should be used effectively.

Another resource I would recommend:
All Graphic Design

:whistling:

Advertisements

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Good idea for a thread. Any others who have suggestions for links or books can go here. Ill pin it.

Remember that we have rules about spam. If you find a good link with helpful information about graphics and graphics design, post them here. If you just want to drive traffic to your site, don't bother. All links will be checked.

ScHwErV :whistling:

DybbukAtroxic

DybbukAtroxic

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Good-Tutorials - http://good-tutorials.com (one of the, if not the, best photoshop tutorial sites)
Pixel 2 Life - http://pixel2life.com (Great tutorial site for programs from Photoshop to Flash to even 3D Rendering)
PSD Protocol - http://psdprotocol.com (Great Pre-Cut Images Site, possibly the best! Pre-Cut = backgrounds are removed.)

Edited by RottNKorpse, 25 January 2007 - 02:17 PM.

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Dutch Designz(Great Design Forum)
Divine Design GFX(Another Great Design Forum)
Tutorialized
Good Tutorials
Pixel2Life

Advice: Sign up on one or both of those design sites and look at the tuts, post up your designs and get them reviewed and it will improve you very fast.

BlackHalo

BlackHalo

• PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
Some books I've read that rock:

Layout Workbook
Design Elements: A Graphic Style Manual
Making And Breaking the Grid
Typography Workbook

As a Graphic Design student, I almost live by the Layout and Typography Workbooks. They have hundreds of examples and tips and tricks for layout, etc. Very informative and some of the images are very inspiring.

The sites I have used for research, tutorials and ideas:

Pixel2Life
SnowDrip
555Design

All three have excellent tutorials and very easy to understand. I can't remember which one, but one of them offers some brilliant downloadable PDF's concerning anything from Photoshop intro's, through filter-use and even a tutorial on setting up a professional portfolio.

BlackHalo

BlackHalo

• PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
Wow, this link has HUNDREDS of Photoshop tutorials and links to suit your EVERY need and covers near everything in Photoshop!! Found it but a few minutes ago, bookmarked!!

CGTalk

BlackHalo

BlackHalo

• PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
For designers who use tablets (Wacom specifically), this is a useful link for tips, tricks and tutorials:
Wacom

Then just a few sites with Adobe Illustrator tuts and some random stuff:
TotalTutorial
Ndesign-studio
GoMediaZine!
HuntFor

Edited by BlackHalo, 06 November 2007 - 02:31 PM.

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
Heres some Good tutorials for Paint.Net

Tutorials!

SpuD

bujji1

bujji1

Spammer

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
:)

onlineaddict

onlineaddict

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I am newbie here. There are lots of useful links posted in this thread on graphic design. Thanks everybody. I'm glad I found this page.

SanjitVigneshS

SanjitVigneshS

• Pip
  • 7 posts
How come PSD TutsPlus is not mentioned here?? :)

JohnBakers

JohnBakers

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Video tutorials on how to make anaglyph 3D video out of regular 2D video file: