Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Annoying Beep during some movies

• Please log in to reply

gatorsean

gatorsean

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions. I am running WIn XP on a sony Vaio. This is a farily recent problem. It seems that it started when I DL'd WMP 11, but I am not certain. The problem is that when I play certain downloaded videos there is a very annoying, repititious, high pitched beep that can not be removed. It does not matter which video player I use. I have tried about 5 different ones and the beep is still there. I have tried removing WMP 11 and that did not help. It is only certain videos that do this, others are fine. Music and audiobooks also seem fine.

Advertisements

bobletman

bobletman

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
I dont know for sure but it could be your speakers, try running some music or other programs that only use audio and see if the beeps are still there.

gatorsean

gatorsean

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the response btman. I actually switched speakers and the problem is stil there. Also, some movies are fine with no beeps. Music also works without beeps.

bobletman

bobletman

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Its probably the movies then I dont see what else could be causing the problem.