Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

comparing laptops...

• Please log in to reply

PANCAK3

PANCAK3

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
sry in advance because i dont know which section should i post this thread...so here it goes...

Im planning to buy a laptop this christmas...and im researching on it. I have two i have in mind...

CPU wise, it will be either Celeron M or Dual 2 Core. Then here comes my question. Is it true that it doesnt matter what CPU u have, CM or Dual2 Core, it will be running at the same slow speed if the HD is 5400rpm? (since most laptops come with 5400rpm HD) I think that even a souped up Celeron M can beat a dual 2 core??

Advertisements

09mlb86

09mlb86

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
no thats not true. what is your budget like?

Edited by 09mlb86, 27 November 2006 - 07:06 PM.

PANCAK3

PANCAK3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
hmm 1-1.5k CDN

with 1k, I can get a really good celeron m. But then, that will be like a junk in 3 years max. If I want a dual 2 core, most of the stuff is on board (which is c*ap) and it also costs more than 1k... So I donno which one to buy

kidnova

kidnova

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
I would look at something like this:

http://www.cyberpowe...kx55850.asp?v=d

Unfortunately, I don't think Cyberpower ships to Cananda. I could be wrong. However, it is possible to find a good laptop with dedicated graphics within your pricerange, it will just take some patience and effort to find the right deal.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Celeron now is junk let alone in 3 years, get a core 2 Duo or Turion X2.