Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows32\config\system corrupt

• Please log in to reply

lashom35

lashom35

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
Had a corrupt conifg registry so i changed the boot sequence so i could use the xp cd to reinstall windows xp. I get about half way through the reinstallation and it says that its missing igfxcfg.exe for Intel graphic media. The file can not be found and if i attempt to continue reinistallation with out the file it freezes. When i turn the computer off and back on the process picks back up in the same spot asking me to find the missing file in order to proceed. Any helpe would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

acklan

acklan

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 442 posts
  • MVP
Hello. DriversGuide has that file. This appears to be an integrated video adapter. I would recommend you research the Intel website and see if the have the video drivers for download. You will need to know which video chipset you have installed, or at least the motherboard.