Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Line 21717of the INF\i386\txtsetup.sif is invalid

• Please log in to reply

richie00

richie00

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I am having a problem with a system running win xp pro. I keep getting the error message (Line 21717 of the INF file\i386\txtsetup.sif is invalid. Setup cannot continue. I have reformatted the drive from an other computer installed XP but when i put the drive back into the system it still comes up with the error message.
Does anybody have any ideas?

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
please repeat, did you reformat and reinstall on different computer, or just the reformat on the different computer reinstalling on this computer, reason, XP is very component sensertive if one trys to transfer it once installed to another computer

Edited by fleamailman, 27 November 2006 - 05:22 PM.

richie00

richie00

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
(computer A, problem Computer B, no problem)

I formatted and installed XP on hard disk with computer B, then transferred disk to computer A. I am having problem with booting from XP CD on computer A, after changing the boot sequence, that also gives me the same error message as trying to load from hard disk. I cannot figure out if it's a hardware problem or a problem with the disk the disk works fine with computer B. Sometimes computer A goes through the boot process and loads XP and then i just get a black screen like there is a problem with the graphics card.

System: AMD Athlon 64x2
ASUS A8N-SLI Delux
SATA 250Gb Hard Disk
RAM 1Gb
Graphics NVIDA point of view 256 Mb SLI

richie00

richie00

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I have tried just reformatting on computer B and installing XP on computer A still getting the same error message when trying to install OS.