Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Deleting Files

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

joecool2160

joecool2160

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:whistling:

i downloaded limewire the other day... which is totally wrong of me i know... and somehow over 25000 files

were downloaded to my computer without my knowledge wiht in a single hour. I know these files are there

because when i right click on my OWNER folder and click on its properties, it shows the files. However

when i enter the folder none of the files i had just seen are there, and im not sure how to view them. I know the

folders are not private folders, becaue i made all files able to be viewed through the folder options.

Is ther someway that these are downnnloaded to my registry or sumthin?? any ideas are much appreciated on

what it is and how to get it off my computer...

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there joecool2160, welcome to Geeks To Go Forums.

It sound like Limewire gave you some malware...

So please read this: Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log (Click on the link)

That will give you steps that will help you clean up 70% of the problems yourself. Then please download "Hijackthis" and run Hijackthis with log. Save the log file here: Malware Removal - HiJackThis Logs Go Here

When you have followed all these steps. A Geeks To Go Staff Member will help you fix your problem.

(Note: Please be patient, the "Malware Forum" is a very busy place and a two or three day wait is not unusual.)

Thank you and goodluck. :whistling:

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Spike...you are a great "friend..." but here at geeks "we" do not, as such, support Limewire or any other P2P software problems...user beware :whistling: They are the main conduits for malware on the internet.

That being said, uninstall Limewire, and all associated files. Then do a clean-up...especially the "Incomplete" folder, because every time you go back onto the net, it kicks into gear and attempts to download what was incompleted in the previous session... I'd also kill all downloaded files, as more than one, will no doubt be a baddy, if you were not on top of things at the time and your malware software was not up to date and functioning in top form...bummer, eh?

OwNt

OwNt

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 7,457 posts
joecool2160,

Please post a Hijackthis log in the malware forum, they will help you further. :whistling:

Topic closed