Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dos programs

• Please log in to reply

thero_cpd

thero_cpd

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
i recently downloaded alot of dos games that i used to play when i wos very little, just for old times sakes i guess. but after i downloaded them on to my laptop most crash straight away and on all of them the sound neva works!

any ideas?

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hi,

Where did you download the games from? (File sharing/P2P/Torrent/Abandonware)

thero_cpd

thero_cpd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
cant remember it wos a web site

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
problem with most of those dos games is that they aren't meant to be played on modern hardware or operating sytems. That being said:

We neither condone nor engage in distributing games which are commonly called "Abandonware". We strive to respect the rights of the developers and publishers who retain the distribution rights of their works. Do not ask us about including games on the site that have not been liberated by the copyright owners.

I would suggest that you visit http://www.liberatedgames.org/
If there are some games you are looking for and they do not have them, feel free to contact them and they may provide you with some additional information.

Edited by starjax, 28 November 2006 - 08:29 AM.