Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PhotoShop CS2 Error

• Please log in to reply

Loyce

Loyce

• Pip
  • 6 posts
While in PS CS2, I select Help and receive the following error: "ahc.exe. The instruction at "0x00864a4d" referenced memory at "0x01330b08" The memory could not be "written". Click OK to terminate the program. (ahc is the Adobe Help Center)

I typed the error in Google and I got a response from Adobe that stated ahc.exe was not installed. I followed the solutions and found that ahc.exe was indeed installed. The next thing I did was put the Adobe PS CS2 disc in to repair the program. As soon as the repair came to a place where it was "installing to shared files", I got the same error. I tried to repair once again, and got to the same place and got the same error.

Then I tried uninstalling the program. When it got to the same place, (uninstalling to shared files), I got the error again. So I wasn't able to completely uninstall PS CS2, either.

I tried to reinstall the program, this time it allowed me to reinstall it, but when it got to the same place (installing to shared files), I got the error message again.

Photoshop works fine in all other respects.

A note to Adobe has produced no results. A search on the 'net, including microsoft.com seems to hint at the fact that this has to do with a security setting.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm a freelance photographer and rely on Photoshop to do my job and I use the help files frequently. Please help.

Loyce

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
as an attempt....try uninstalling photoshop in safe mode...then reinstalling it....does it get past the spot where it was hanging up?

Loyce

Loyce

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes.

Thanks,
Loyce

Loyce

Loyce

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I tried that and I couldn't uninstall or repair PS CS2 in Safe Mode. The system wouldn't let me. It said something like I can't perform that operation in safe mode.

pyron81

pyron81

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
Hey loyce have you tried putting the original photoshop disk into the CD rom drive and repairing the original Photoshop files?

:whistling:

Edited by pyron81, 30 November 2006 - 03:20 PM.

Loyce

Loyce

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Oh yes, Patrick. I've tried repairing, uninstalling both through the uninstall on the disc, then through Add/Remove Programs in Win XP, I've also tried to install after the uninstall didn't finish.

I get the same error in the same place every time. It's just so frustrating.

Thanks for trying to help.

Loyce

mpfeif101

mpfeif101

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,411 posts
Try deleting the adobe help folder and then installing photoshop over the top of the current photoshop installation

Loyce

Loyce

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks, I'll give it a go.

Loyce

Loyce

Loyce

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! That worked! You've save me so much grief. I can't thank you enough.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. You're the bomb.

Loyce

mpfeif101

mpfeif101

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,411 posts
Glad to have helped and welcome to GeeksToGo :whistling:

- Matt

alaski

alaski

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have the problem with photoshop cs2 but with memory cannot be read, Would this solution help me too? I open new then when i click on open to My pictures to select a pictureI get Photoshop exe . Referneced memory at _____ cannot be read.
I did repair but that did not help.

Edited by alaski, 17 May 2007 - 02:41 PM.

shukran

shukran

• Pip
  • 1 posts
while we are on the subject od AHC.exe....

this has been happening to me. i get the error code memory failure Loyce was talking about followed by dozons and dozons of other error windows. basically making havok of PS and ruining my file. i cant seem to replicate this error and im not opening the help file or anything.

Sumitra

Sumitra

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Try deleting the adobe help folder and then installing photoshop over the top of the current photoshop installation

:) Thanks a lot for saving me too! I had exactly the same problem with the help center which is now finally solved - once and for all. Thank you again!!! :)