Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

xp running unusally weird

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I came home one day and the com-puter said that it coudl not find the hard drive. I let it sit and restartered it and it came up. So I tried checking the hard drive for bad sectors and reapir it. But my computer does not work correctly. I have no task bar at the bottom of the screen. ON start up it says it cannot find the regeistery. I can get on the internet but it will not go to any bank site or email site. I cannot burn or drag and click anything to a jump drive. I have tired to repair windows but it says it cannot do it.

I am really stumped with this? I hope someone can help. I have a lot of photos on here that I would like to get off.

do you have your xp cd

you can use it for the repairs that need to be done

do recall how all of this happened

did you run your antivirus to be sure

or it could an infection your antivirus did not get