Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

start up problems

• Please log in to reply

milk1122

milk1122

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
i have been having problems starting my computer up. every time i turn it on i get pixalted lines across the screen, with the start up sreen behind them. then when it gets to a certain point it will ether restart (starting the whole thing again) or become a completely black screen (which stays there forever). i tryed talking the video card out then putting it back in but that really did not help. i have no idea how to fix this problem. anyone esle got some ideas.

Advertisements

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Seems sadly that the video card is going to a better place.

IS this Onboard graphics or is it a separate video card

milk1122

milk1122

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
no onboard video, so sad. the card works to some degree because the start up text is under the fuzz/pixalation, and the monitor is hooked through the graphics card. i ordered a new card as a short term replacement. it was $40, so some of my games will be left unused. i have thought about it, and i thing that it could ether be that the viedo card is not working to its standard, or the PCI express 16x slot if the problem, so now i have the problem; do i have to replace my intire computer or just the card. when i bring it home for xmas i think that i will try to figure it out. if any one can help me out before then please do so.