Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

No power to peripherals?

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all...

I have a perplexing question that maybe someone can help me with. I'm building a linux box from some spare parts I have laying around. I just bought a new power supply from Microcenter (300W - on sale for $15.99 [could this be my mistake right there?]) ... when I try to power up, the system boots fine (BIOS loads and system attempts to boot), but no power is delivered to the peripherals. I spent about an hour looking for some other plug that I forgot to connect but I'm drawing a blank. Has anyone run into this before? Does it sound like a bad power supply? Here's a list of what I threw together:

Asus P3V4X motherboard
D-Link ethernet card
Sound Blaster AWE 64 Gold ISA sound card
Hauppage Win-TV PCI card
Seagate 80GB HD
CD-RW drive

Any help would be appreciated!