Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Device Managers

• Please log in to reply

mandie8787

mandie8787

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have windows xp home edition service pack 2.. My model # is w3107 and it is a emachines computer.. I have went to my device managers and under other devices it shows other pci bridge device, sm bus controller and video controller[vgacompatible] and each one of them have a yellow question mark with a black exclamation mark inside of a circle on the question mark.. I have tried everything, i clicked on the reinstall and it comes up and says that it can't do it... Also each one of the devices says under there property a code 28... I have put another harddrive in and everything to see if it would help the problem but nothing has happened... What can i do?

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
what is the make of your computer

and did right click the yellow marks and click on update try doing that if havent tried

mandie8787

mandie8787

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
The make of my computer is emachines and i have tried to update them and it says that the hardware was not installed because the wizard can't find it

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*

I have put another harddrive in and everything to see if it would help the problem but nothing has happened... What can i do?

before you put another harddrive in did you get the same thing question mark with black exclamation mark or just one yellow mark

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
you need to go to the computers manufacturer's website and get all the drivers for your make and model...

you don't need another hard drive....just the drivers for your motherboard and hardware

Edited by happyrck, 28 November 2006 - 02:20 PM.