Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Socket A/462 Heatsink/Fan

• Please log in to reply

burnoutnotfadeaway

burnoutnotfadeaway

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
I'm looking for a socket A/462 heatsink and fan to replace my Asaka heatsink which is 'capable up to Athlon XP 2800+' which is what I'm currently running. I know the fan doesn't spin as fast as it used to when it was new, and it's not as quiet as it once was either, therefore I want to replace the heatsink/fan for a better, quieter model. What's the best I can get for a socket A/462 system? Preferably something that has a higher capability than the XP 2800+ so it keeps my 2800+ nice and cool.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
How much are you willing to spend? I ran this cooler with a 92 mm fan & adapter with good results. I guess they have quit producing the 92 MM fan adapters, but the 80 mm fan is good also.

http://www.directron.com/spa04b4.html

But if price is no object i would prefer this.

http://www.directron...nps7000bcu.html

SRX660

Edited by SRX660, 28 November 2006 - 04:12 PM.

burnoutnotfadeaway

burnoutnotfadeaway

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Excellent, thank you. I think I'll go with the Zalman as they always get good reviews, but I could never find one on any online store that ships to the UK.