Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installing Dolphin

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

hansel

hansel

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I don't know exactly what i'm doing, but I'd really appreciate some walk throughs if anyone understands how to install Dolphin. it's extreamly simple but I keep making mistakes. there are only a few things I need help with.

Edited by hansel, 01 December 2006 - 12:55 AM.

Advertisements

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Does "dolphin" have a support forum or a website for support?

hansel

hansel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Yes, it does, but shares no information. I don't think it has an email to request help from, either.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
What does it do, maybe we can recommend a good script that has better support.

hansel

hansel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Sorry for the delayed response :\

It's a Community script. it seems like the only free/cheap community script i could find. the only problem is this:

I've Uploaded it all and successfully gotten the permissions set but that's where it ends. It can't seem to find these things:

"Path to php binary"
"Path to mogrify"
"Path to convert" &
"Path to composite"

I understand that these should probably already be there? I run on windows XP. Do I need to install Imagemagick? how would I go about doing that? and the Path to php binary and to mogrify? why are those not already there? how is it that I get them there?

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Looks like an interesting script. If I get time I may install it this weekend:
http://www.boonex.co...oducts/dolphin/

They also have a "self-moderated" AJAX forum that looks interesting:
http://www.boonex.com/products/orca/

hansel

hansel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
!! That's the one I'm trying to install..! I don't know if I'm just so ...ech, I don't know. I don't know why I can't figure it out. It wasn't my job to install it but now I've ended up being the one who has to do it.

I don't know why I can't figure it out..

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
You should probably ask your host the path to the php binary etc. They are really the only one that is going to know them for sure, it all depends how the server is set up.

Imagemagick has to be install on the server, some one else that was trying to do this asked their host and they had it already instaledl. Yours might too.

hansel

hansel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
eeh, yeah i dont think you understand. its just, (btw, that other person is my "partner" and we're both trying to figure this out. its not the deal with the host, its the deal with us not being able to figure it out.)

it isnt already installed. we asked the server, they said it was, but it isn't. we don't know how to manually install it since that's the only thing we've left to do. there isn't anything else to do.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Manually install what? PHP, Imagemagick? Unless you have complete control of your server machine, you can't install PHP and if the say they have it I am sure they do. And I not sure you could install Imagemagick either. Your web host would have to do it, because only they can do what ever they like with the server.

I think I understand what is happening better than you do.

Advertisements

hansel

hansel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I didn't mean to be rude or anything :\ it just seems that I've asked my webhost, and they're clear that it's there. I've been told that there's nothing wrong with the script, or wrong with the webhost.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
But the question is where is it? What is the path to it? I going to delete some stuff of the server and try and install this myself. So I have got some experience with it.

I should have got more hosting space :whistling:

hansel

hansel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
well, what if you were to just help me and my friend get it up on mine?

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Were discussing this option. We will see what happens.

UberMario

UberMario

• PipPip
  • 96 posts
Well, it's usr/bin/config, etc. the webhost support is nuts and didn't help me hardly at all. I had to do alot of trial and error. It's up now.