Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

after ie7 install windows updates wont install

• Please log in to reply

jimfred

jimfred

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
hello . i recently installed ie7 and followed the instructions about shutting down windows automatic updater and my internet security and messenger etc etc . the install went without a hitch and everything ran fine with it and i liked the new setup and all, i used it for several weeks and then i went to windows updates website and it scanned for new updates and listed about 5 updates for my pc . then i clicked on to install updates and the update downloader comes on saying downloading new updates but noting happens and after a good while it shows that it couldnt install updates and when you click on the red x or even cancel then it freezes up and i have to use task manager to shut it down . and after the error report comes on it dirrects you to the microsoft support website and shows up a list saying that my pc might be infected with a virus but my pc is clean ive run windows live and norton and avg deep scans and they show my pc is clean . didnt have any issues with any downloading untill ie7 and the microsoft or windows update website is the only place i have any problems with ive uninstalled and went back to ie 6 but it still does the same thing . i would really appreciate any help on this cause i dont know what else to do ive looked everywhere and cant get anywhere with microsoft support on this . plus im not sure if its ie7 or if its the microsoft updater thats the problem.any info will be greatly appreciated....jim

Advertisements