Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wierd lines

• Please log in to reply

SeraphHHC

SeraphHHC

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
I have these static looking line that come up on my screen. i doesn't matter what i do they will just pop up. i tried a new driver for video card. if i restart my PC the will go away and sometime they just go away on there own. i just need to know how to fix it or what is causing it. thankyou see SS

Attached Thumbnails

• ss.JPG

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
That looks like a physical problem with the actual graphics card itself.

SeraphHHC

SeraphHHC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
While i hope it isn't that. not that old really. but i took it out cleaned the connector with rubbing alcohol and got all the dust out we will see if that helps.

SeraphHHC

SeraphHHC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
still does it real quick off and on

SeraphHHC

SeraphHHC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
here is another pic. the blue [bleep] in the background of scarface should not be there. i got a lot darker when i saved it as a j-peg but u still can see it kind of

Attached Thumbnails

• screen.JPG

kewal2913d`

kewal2913d`

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
if you have an integrated video card, switch to it and see what happens
if it's fine your video card is not working and see if u can replace it under warranty/
If it isn't fine then ur monitor is the problem in which case the same suggestion applies

SeraphHHC

SeraphHHC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
dont think card was pushed in all the way. i think it is fixxed. i hate dump [bleep] like that. did feel like it pushed in more but i pushed on it and line went away.

SeraphHHC

SeraphHHC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
K i need help maybe the card is junk. i have one more SS for u to look at. in the blue lines u can see the treed from my desktop. also now when u scroll it is jerky and if u scroll fast u get a beep for the case. if u click and drag a window it is also very choppy. does that sound like the card is bad. why is it beeping?

SeraphHHC

SeraphHHC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
here is the SS

Attached Thumbnails

• desktop.JPG