Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

viaual problems with XP toolbar

• Please log in to reply

ibby

ibby

• Pip
  • 5 posts
hi.. it seems that all the bottom of my task bar has become larger.. i have checked the pixcels the ratio seems fine. i also have checked the font size in properties this appears when i right click on the toolbar. it seems that the icons are the same as when you are in safe mode all blurry and larger then normal.. ? can you help me... i think it could be a virus...

Advertisements

Sinfamous

Sinfamous

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
Is it possible that your Windows Theme has been changed by a third party program? Such as Desktop X, or Windowblinds, etc? If not one of those, it is still possible the theme was changed. Try right clicking on your desktop to bring up properties, and under the THEME tab, reselect the Windows XP default theme. See if that helps. After, go under the APPEARANCE tab, and see if the Font size is Normal, and the windows and buttons are set to WINDOWS XP.

Edited by Sinfamous, 29 November 2006 - 05:27 PM.

ibby

ibby

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
hey mate you are a star!!! i think short term the problem has been cured. the icons have gone back to original size on the desk and the tool back has shrunk back to normal rather than being a inch thick!! only problem i have is the icons in the toolbar which are in the bottom right hand side which are displayed next to the clock they seem to be blurry still and out of proportion... i think i may try to play with the resoultion and see if that helps....

thanks so much mate!!

Ibby.