Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

anti virus

• Please log in to reply

harley88

harley88

• Pip
  • 5 posts
hello

i have had mcafee 11 (i think) for going on four years now(39.00) and i have been reading a lot of stuff about mcafee is no good. well if some of you fine fellows have the time , i would like to know
what the best anti virus program is ?
thanks much
harley

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
harley88,

There are many options available to you. If you'd like a free antivirus, either AVG Free
or Avast are good, and they have paid versions as well. NOD32 is an extremely good program and well worth the money, and Kaspersky is also good. Just remember, you don't want more than one anti-virus installed at a time, as that can cause conflicts, leaving you more vulnerable and slowing your PC down.

Sinfamous

Sinfamous

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
Honestly, I have been using McAfee forever myself, and I've always kept up on spyware cleaning, and I always have 0 spyware, and 0 virus'. I swear by Mcafee. Takes up least amount of memory, as opposed to Clunky programs like Norton Utilities.

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
I like Trend Micro. Never let me down and a lot of people I know love it. I like AVG and Avast. Haven't used Nod32 yet and don't know if its free or not. I pwrsonally don't like Norton at all cause it slowed my computer down a lot, it ha snever protected me , and is jut bad in my opinion. Hope I helped.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
I have to agree with Sari and say to go the NOD32 route. You won't be sorry! :whistling: