Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox can never remeber logins

• Please log in to reply

danny251

danny251

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
Whenever I log-in to a site or forum that has a member system it submits my login details then back to the home page. Normally when it goes back to the home page it should have in writing somewhere logged in.
I am always signed out.

I am using firefox 2.0

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there danny251.

> Open "Firefox"
> Goto "Tools" in the menu bar
> Then select "Options..."
> Goto the "Security" tab
> Under "Passwords" select "Remember Passwords For Sites"

That's it, let me know if you have any more problems.

Cool :whistling:

Sinfamous

Sinfamous

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
I've been using FireFox since the beginning. And I have also run into this problem, still do on occasion, due to my impatience. I've noticed if your too quick with typing, meaning you save the information before the page has a chance to load, then some of the information is lost along the way. Your best bet, is to click on TOOLS, scroll down to OPTIONS. From there, click on SECURITY, SHOW PASSWORDS. Scroll down to the site that is giving you trouble, delete the entry. Reload the page, let it load completely, then try entering the user name and password again. See if that works.

danny251

danny251

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Thanks for the replies :whistling:

I fixed the problem by uninstalling McAfee Security Centre that SKY broadband had provided.

I will just stick with avg free and the router firewall :blink: