Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mozilla Bookmarks

• Please log in to reply

Bobbydoo8

Bobbydoo8

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
I've done it before, but I can't remember how I did it...:whistling:

What I'm trying to do is recover the bookmarks that I had on one of my computers. I have all the information that was all that harddrive, but I need to import the bookmarks from file.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows where the Mozilla Bookmarks reside at whenever they are bookmarked.

Thanks in advance! By the way be careful when coding, and not all programming books are correct :blink:

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there Bobbydoo8.

Navigate through explorer to:
C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[xxxxxxxx].default

Where [user] is, put your computer username.
Where [xxxxxxxx] is, put in the random Firefox extension. (Just click the only folder in "\Profiles\"

There you will find a few files, copy and paste over these files to your new firefox profile.
bookmarks.html
bookmarks.bak

All you really need in the "bookmarks.html"

Let me know if this is what you were looking for and if you need any more help.

Shweet :whistling:

Bobbydoo8

Bobbydoo8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Heck ya that's what I was needing, I was pretty sure it was the bookmarks.html file, but I wasn't for sure. I was checking to make sure I had the right files before I actually reformatted the drive.

Thanks a lot man, now I can breathe easier because I have my thousands of bookmarks back. :whistling: