Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Accessing Webmail using IE 7.0

• Please log in to reply

geekay

geekay

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
I am using IE 7.0. I am unable to send mails, which is web-based. When I click on the compose button (which is linked to java script:mail.compose(new), nothing happens. I tried disabling my anti-virus and firewall, still nothing happens. However, I am able to read my mails and open the attachments. Can someone please help me?

Advertisements

andrewmonk

andrewmonk

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
If You are unable to send a message, I would try using another email provider.

One can import addresses or contacts, password etc. from one email client to another one. I hope this helps

geekay

geekay

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
This is my official mail, which I can't change. It is web-based and was working fine with IE 6.x

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Internet Explorer changed a few things regarding webpage functionality, unfortunately it's going to take a while for many providers of content (email and likewise) to adapt their pages to IE7, so the best solution is either see if it works in another browser like Firefox or Opera, or uninstall IE7.

geekay

geekay

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Which one do you recommend, firefox or opera? Where can I get them?

hary

hary

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
I have both and suggest firefox, there are issues with opera and pages hanging on all versions.

Download

Edited by hary, 03 December 2006 - 07:57 AM.

geekay

geekay

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Thank you. Appreciate your help.