Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Operating systems incompatible w/very old Novell network

• Please log in to reply

jenfrompa

jenfrompa

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hello,
I own a very small business and am limited on my ability to upgrade technology (financially and mentally, I'm afraid! :whistling: --I try but it's tough to know how to do everything!)

I have 4 workstations all running Windows 98 or Windows 95 all supported by Novell (I think it's version 4?...i know that I can't name any files longer than eight characters...if that helps)

About 5 years ago, we purchased a Dell w/XP....XP would not run on the network, so my brother in law took XP off and put on 98.....I've had nothing but headaches with the computer.

It's to the point now, where it freezes up at least 10 times a day...I've had all viruses/spyware and the crap taken off..

I feel like I'd be better off just getting a new desktop, but I don't want to invest the time/money if there'll be an incompatibiliy issue with the network.

I know next to nothing about networking...any advice/comments from out there would be appreciated!

Thanks

Jennifer

Advertisements