Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BraveSentry Problems

• Please log in to reply

Trout27

Trout27

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
My daughters computer is infected with BraveSentry. The program won't stop scanning and I can't connect to the internet to run a removal program or download hijack this to her PC. How can I get it to stop long enough to try to remove it? Any suggestions????

Advertisements

andydf

andydf

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 1,660 posts
Hi Trout27

Are you able to download programs to your own PC and transfer them to your daughters?

If so.....
Please download SmitfraudFix (by S!Ri)
Extract the content (a folder named SmitfraudFix) to your Desktop.

Open the SmitfraudFix folder and double-click smitfraudfix.cmd
Select option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press "Enter"; a text file will appear, which lists infected files (if present).
Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.

Note : process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs (AntiVir, Dr.Web, Kaspersky) as a "RiskTool"; it is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user.
http://www.beyondlog...processutil.htm

Andy :whistling: