Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP-SP2 activation - no window displayed

• Please log in to reply

Gswiss

Gswiss

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
I am unable to obtain the display of the activation window when I type oobe/msoobe /a or go through Programs - Accessories - System Tools - Activation. There is no rebuttal. The request is processed but nothing happens.

I reinstalled XP from scratch and used the previous WPA which I had saved previously. The WPA files were copy-pasted under Safe Mode.

Bottom line : I don't know whether I am considered as activated or not.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
If you are not receiving the pop-up balloon down by the click in the system tray tell you that you need to activate your copy of windows, then I wouldn't worry about it. Your copy of Windows will be authenticated the first time you go to Windows Update and download the Windows Genuine Validation Tool anyways.

Fenor

Gswiss

Gswiss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Thanks. I'll try next week when I get access to that pc.

Gswiss

Gswiss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
I couldn't work on this item after all. I'll report back around mid-January. Anyhow, we'll know by then if the pc is activated or not!

Balloon tips were deactivated through XP-AntiSpy or SafeXP.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
when i reformatted i kept seeing the pop-up for activating windows

other reminders as well

in all programs at the top of first column does it show there activate windows set of gold keys

Gswiss

Gswiss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
I got involved in other problems with this pc and I had to reinstall XP for other reasons. Anyhow, the Activation seems to have been ok but I still do not know why oobe does not excute to provide me with the Activation status.

Thanks for your suggestions.