Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AVI on a DVD player

• Please log in to reply

dlw

dlw

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
I have an .avi file that I'd like to play on a stand alone DVD player.
The file works well on the PC via Windows Media Player.

Can this be accomplished and if so, how?

Thanks,
dlw

Advertisements

Sinfamous

Sinfamous

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
Well, that depends. Now a days, almost any DVD player you buy will play AVI, or DivX, etc. It's a great way to conserve DVDs in my opinion. If by chance you don't have a DivX\DVD Player, you can convert an AVI to DVD format with any number of different programs, and then burn to a DVD assuming you have a burner. A great program, quick and easy which I use constantly, is ConvertXtoDVD, it's not free, but definitely worth the 40 bucks. There are of course freeware programs which do this as well, go to download.com and try searching for AVItoDVD, or Divx to DVD. :whistling:

dlw

dlw

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
Thanks,
I'll give that a try.

dlw

officialblueboys

officialblueboys

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
I dont think it'll work . If it'll not then download this software
Avi2dvd
http://www.softpedia...d/Avi2Dvd.shtml

This will convert ur movie to DVD

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
ConvertXtoDVD should work

Do you know if AVI2DVD will burn them so they are playable on standalone DVD players?

wondering why

wondering why

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Dvdsanta will convert and burn to disc in 2 easy steps....The Demo version is great it has no time limitations and is the full version, the only thing is it will put the demo version message across the top of the output video, but this soon disappears within minutes or if that annoys you, zoom in a frame or two with your dvd remote control....

If you like the demo you can then purchase it.... :whistling:

dvdsanta -click on link

Edited by wondering why, 05 December 2006 - 03:34 AM.

officialblueboys

officialblueboys

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

ConvertXtoDVD should work

Do you know if AVI2DVD will burn them so they are playable on standalone DVD players?

Yeah they are playable . i've a full tutorial on it but it is ine the magazine :whistling:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for posting, it is unusual for a freebie to burn so they play on standalone players, most will only convert