Q. What do I do if the "DirectX Error DirectX has encountered an unrecoverable error. Please check DirectX Help document for possible details." error appears when I attempt to run Call of Duty 2?
A. Make sure you have DirectX 9.0c installed and properly functioning on your machine.
A. Please make sure that hardware acceleration is set to Full in your display properties as follows:
1. Right click the desktop
2. Select Properties
3. Click the settings tab
4. Click Advanced
5. Click the Troubleshooting tab
6. Verify that the Hardware Acceleration slider is set to Full.
A. Make sure that all DirectX features under the Display Tab in the DirectX Diagnostic Tool are set to Enabled as follows:
1. Click START
2. Click RUN
3. Type "dxdiag" and click OK
4. Click the Display tab of the DirectX Diagnostic tool.
5. Verify that all DirectX features are set to "Enabled".
A. Make sure you have the latest drivers installed from your video card's manufacturer.
Everything was the way it needed to be. I have Direct X 9C I ahve my Graphics driver (Latest release Nov.2), and I still get this error. I am running a XFX Geforce 6800XT 256 ram PCI Express 16X
Anyone have any Ideas?