Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IPV6

• Please log in to reply

Victor5170

Victor5170

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was recommend to uninstall IPV6 to solve a problem with freezing the home Dialup internet connection for the first minutes.

I followed the recommendation and the problem was solved, but loss the ability to connect to my LAN in the office.

What can I do to install again the IPV6 but not having the problem of frezzing the internet. Do I have a choice?

I read that the only disadvantage od uninstall the IPV6 is losing the ability to connect to LAN with the IPV6 protocol.

Thanks for the advice.

Victor

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
to reinstall ipV6 right click on my network places then choose properties then click install then choose protocol then find ipv6 and install it...there is a possibility that you may need your windows disk here

unfortunately i don't know of any efficient ways to get around the ipv6 issues that you're having....as a suggestion...when you switch from the office network to your home network..you could right click on my network places then choose properties then uncheck the checkbox next to ipv6 in the "this connection uses the following items" area..then press apply...this will basically disable ipv6...then when you go back to work..you just recheck that box

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
IPv6 causes many problems at this point in time, because its running in harmony with IPv4 and many setups are geared to IPv4, with no obvious way to distinguish between the two.

At this point in time, you only need it for networking privately - you don't need it for access to the internet and there's only a very limited handful of sites that you'll need it for - more chance of winning the lottery than finding one of the sites. China's apparently quite keen on IPv6.