Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE7 Error Message

• Please log in to reply

willow2002

willow2002

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Whenever I try to open IE7, I get the message that Internet Explorer has encounted a problem and needs to close.

When I send the error report, it says the following files will be included in the error report:
C:\Docume\Leslie\Locals~1\Temp\c11b_appcompat.txt

I have also received the message, "The instruction at "0x00fc1f61" referenced memory at "0x00fc1f61". The memory could not be "read".

Any ideas on what could be causing this error message.

Netscape works just fine.

Thanks,
Leslie

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
first get ccleaner...run the cleaner...nothing else...the standard setting are good...

http://www.filehippo...nload_ccleaner/

if after this you still have problems then get memtest86+...burn the ISO image...put it in your cd drive and reboot..you may have to reset the boot order in the bios to boot from the cd drive first...then the hard drive..

get the Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)

you will have to unzip it first ...if you don't have a burning program that burns image file or .ISO files ...let me know and I'll send a link to a free ..no frills iso burner

http://www.memtest.org/

willow2002

willow2002

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
The ccleaner didn't work. I'lll have to get a cd to burn the file to tomorrow. How do I reset the bios to boot from the cd drive first?

Thanks for the help. What do you think the problem is?

Leslie

andrewmonk

andrewmonk

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I would suggest you go to the Tools.

Click on that then go to Internet Options,

Click on Advanced.

I had a similar problem with Internet Explorer 6 last week.

A fellow Geeks to Go member was very helpful, showing which boxes to check to solve my IE 6 problem.

I don't know which of the boxes you should put a check in to resolve your IE problem, but I hope this helps.