Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ATI Drivers question

• Please log in to reply

SecretMaster

SecretMaster

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
I'm going absolutely insane over this. When I first got this videocard (x1900xtx) it came with an install disc with the 6.9 drivers and everything was all nice and up-to-date. And as time went on 6.10 and now 6.11 is released. And I don't do anything about it. Now I got to check my driver version via CCC and it says my current driver version is 6.3 And that is kind of pissing me off because I haven't the slightest clue how it got to that version. I did a bunch of Windows updates and went to IE 7.0, but I don't think anything video-card driver related happened.

Either way, what is annoying me more is the "update drivers" option the Microsoft has. Whenever I search for new updates/drivers for my videocard via Windows, it says it currently cannot find new software/hardware. But I know right on the ATI site I can. Can I just download from here http://ati.amd.com/s...radeonx-xp.html and not experience any problems? Also, if I have 6.3 will I have to get all the previous updates leading up to 6.11 or can I just download that one file and everything will be fine?

Advertisements

mpfeif101

mpfeif101

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,411 posts
It's perfectly fine to download driver updates from the manufacturer's site. You wont have to download any previous updates, just download the latest version and you'll be fine.

That is very strange how it would automatically downgrade drivers on you :whistling:

Edited by mpfeif101, 02 December 2006 - 10:42 AM.