Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows xp pro firewall

• Please log in to reply

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
so mcafee is still installed

https://hdc.tamu.edu...?section_id=545

http://www.wikihow.c...Security-Center

try them see if they work

be sure you have some protection

try install some temporary protection or just disconnect and try install trend after mcaffee out

Edited by rushin1nd, 01 December 2006 - 03:32 PM.

Advertisements

trucker

trucker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
got rid of mcafee. reinstalled windows still cant do anything with windows firewall and cant install trend 2007.

it dumps phy mem. on blue screen

tech info
stop: 0x0000008E (0XC0000005,0XF8D7D57,0xf2c1Dc48,0x00000000)

windrvnt.sys-address f78c81B2 base at F78c3000,date stamp 409f405c

Edited by trucker, 02 December 2006 - 11:47 AM.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,385 posts
Are you running a program called Folder Lock
If yes then uninstall folder lock

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
You've spent, what, three days on this issue...? Save yourself any more grief :blink: Some issues can be talked/walked through, others are not worth the aggrevation to bother with the journey :help:

Time for drastic measures...ultimately, you may have to re-format or do a more drastic F-disk...but you did not hear that from me, as only the STAFF can advise that... :rofl:

1. Burn off what you can save, of the necessary files, and then download the software version of SP2 from MS ...see if you can install it over the existing formatting...defrag...

[N.B. the defragging will overwrite empty spaces so be sure needed stuff is secure]

...if successful, go to the Add and Remove command in the Control Panel, and check to see if it appears now, if so, uninstall it from there...defrag...

...if not...back to square one.

2. Remove any and all 3rd party software *.exe files to disks [reinstall later from disk] and then delete from hard drive, except XP-SP1/2, so that all you have is just the bare bones of XP as originally installed, leaving other files alone...personal stuff...defrag...

3. Reinstall some of the crap cleaner progs suggested in this forum...run them one at a time, as loaded...defrag when done all progs...

[re-installing progs will overwrite empty spaces, so be sure it's safe]

4. Reinstall some of the other maintenance progs suggested as well...run them one at a time, as loaded...defrag when done all progs...

5. Reinstall XP-SP2 from the original disk, over the other copy...defrag...chkdsk...

6. Check to see that all Windows options are still there and functioning properly...run Windows Defender...

7. Reinstall your internet browser and run Trend's House Call service...if it works, move to next item...

8. Reinstall TREND INTERNET SECURITY and see if it now loads and functions properly...

9. If it does not reinstall...It's at this point, that I would ask STAFF if it's o.k. to go ahead and format... :rofl:

If it was me, I'd go right down to bare metal and Fdisk :whistling: But that's just me...I've got that experience :)

Edited by b1caez01, 02 December 2006 - 06:42 PM.

trucker

trucker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
:whistling: ok ko ok :blink:

im ready to call this a day here!

i reinstalled windows kept everything else tried way back to over write sp2 didnt work.

microsoft gives me a hard time over this being a vol copy of xp. but they have updated my key by phone many times... now they say its a notebook key!!!!! NOT SO

at any rate now i get blue screen everytime i boot up..... unless i do a sys restore from safe mode. then i can boot up and run till i turn off computer

im ready to do reformat spend countless hours on phone with microsoft to get updates to pass wgv. and be done with this.

but b4 i do can anyone tell me is this a needed file?

C:\WINDOWS\themeui.exe

or is it trog?

i was working with trend over phone he did something with it not sure what? we didnt get all done with the fix,I had to leave.
it seems to be gone now

and i was able to fiw windows firewall its work now

Edited by trucker, 04 December 2006 - 12:27 PM.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,385 posts
I think you should vist our spyware people
this is normally a back door trojan

trucker

trucker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
:help: we can close this now i just wiped my hard drive. 111 gigs.

:whistling: ive not been home alot over yhe past 2 1/2 yrs so there was a ton of stuff i didnt even know what it was for my program page filled the whole screen.

it was needed couldnt sort it all out now im clean things are as they should be

:blink: