Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

remove security software from usb drive

• Please log in to reply

kolors

kolors

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have a Lexar Secure II 1GB jump drive that I purchased a few months ago, and the security software is starting to drive me mental, I was wondering if there's any safe way to remove it.

I found a tutorial here but I'm not too sure about it, seems a little sketchy.

Any help would be appreciated. :whistling:

Advertisements

Bobbydoo8

Bobbydoo8

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Well based on the above tutorial it seems to be correct. All you have to do whenever removing things from removable devices is make sure that u do not delete the drivers that are preinstalled on them.

If your show hidden files is turned on, then you should be able to see some hidden folders on your flash drvie that contain your drivers. *Do Not Delete Them*

As for deleting your security software, it should be the nonhidden files and should just require a simple deletion of the folders. I would also make a backup of the flash drive before removing any folders or files.

Hope that helps :whistling: