Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Non-spamming Domain Host ISP

• Please log in to reply

johnbfdma

johnbfdma

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I'm not sure if this is the right forum or notm BUT:

I have two domains that are currently being hosted by an ISP that SpamCop, AOL and, I think others have identified as being a source of spam and are, as a result, blocking or delaying e-mails that I send (I don't do ANY mass mailing).

This has become a HUGE problems for me and my clients who aren't getting e-mails that I send. Sometimes they bounce back sometimes that just disappear (probably into an un-reviewed quarentine folder somewhere)

Is there a list of ISPs that will host a domain (for a reasonable price) who are vigilent about not being a source of spam and who are unlikely to ever get on a balck list?

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
How are you sending emails from your domain? Are you logging into a web based broswer window to compose them? Are you using accounts you have set up in the control panel that redirect to a different email address?
Johanna

johnbfdma

johnbfdma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I use Outlook to manage several e-mail accounts. Those through Comcast.net work just fine and eveyone get e-mails promptly, the those sent from Outlook through the smtp server for my own domains hosted by this ISP frequently get delayed or bounced. I know that AOL and Comcast have at various time blocked or delayed e-mail. I have all the Anti-virus / spyware stuff installed so I'm pretty sure I'm not being used as a zombie. McAfee complains if I sent two e-mails in a row with the same subject!

The ISP admits that the problem with SpamCop identifying their servers as sources of spam (as they did when Comcast black listed them). They have had this notice posted since SEPTEMBER:

Date Posted: September 22th 2006
Time: 1:15pm EST
Description: Currently a number of our Outgoing email servers have been blacklisted by the SpamCOP service. Our email administrators are in the final testing stages of adding an outbound spam filtering solution that will resolve this issue. We are working to have this tested and implemented as soon as possible.
Current Status:On Going
Updated Status on: Nov. 30th 2006 @ 1:00pm EST

They have been in the final testing stage of their fix for some weeks now.

My subscription for one of the domain names is up in February. My question is - what ISP can I move it to that has a zero tolerance policy for Spammers? Is there a web site somewhere that lists the "good guys"?